12 Types Of Human Food Not To Feed Your Cat

Do you want to know which Human Food Not To Feed Your Cat? Many of the foods and beverages we consume, such as chocolate, coffee, grapes, and more, are physically harmful to cats. The impact of these types of foods can range from mild symptoms like indigestion or more severe outcomes such as coma or even death.

You — as your cat’s primary caregiver — must understand exactly which foods can cause health problems.

Below is the list of Human Food Not To Feed Your Cat

1. Alcohol

It would be best if you did not share alcohol with your cats. It is not a joking matter. Alcohol consumption could do permanent damage to a cat’s organ. There is a chance your beautiful cat may die.  It is advised to keep your cats away from alcohol and personal care products ..

2. Chocolate

Chocolate is very toxic to kittens. Even though most cats would not eat it on their own choice, their owners or other people can give them a treat to the cats. Theobromine is a toxic agent that is harmful to cats. All kinds of chocolate are dangerous to cats, even white chocolate. The riskiest is dark chocolate. If your cat ate chocolate by mistake could end up in a problem, tremors in a worse case, death.

3. Caffeine

A large amount of caffeine could be dangerous to feline friends. There is no medicine for curing caffeine food poisoning. Caffeine poisoning is hazardous to cats that include restlessness, rapid breathing, and heart palpitations. Some ingredients of caffeine are cocoa, chocolate, colas, etc. Usually, cats do not inspire by caffeine smell.

4. Dairy Products

Most cats are lactose tolerance. The enzyme that breaks down lactose is not present in most cats. As young cats grow up, they lose this enzyme from their body. When adult cats eat dairy products, they can digest the lactose and cause stomach upset.

5. Raw Foods

Raw foods are raw meat, raw fish, and raw eggs. This could be sometimes toxic to your kitten. Raw food could contain germs. And can create vomiting, diarrhea, and a painful condition like pancreatitis. It is very important to take advice from a vet before giving raw food to your cat.

6. Grapes And Raisins

Most cats would not eat Grapes And Raisins if you even share them with them. Your cat can suffer serious kidney failure from eating grapes and raisins. So, it is not recommended to feed your cat these fruits. Instead, you could share other fruits like bananas, apples, and mango with your lovely cat.

7. Onion and Garlic

Onion and garlic, both raw and cooked, are toxic to cats. They could damage the cat’s red blood cells. If your cat is eating onions and garlic regularly can cause onion poisoning. You should keep onion and garlic away from your cat.

8. Xylitol

According to ASPCA, Xylitol is very toxic to your cat. It can cause liver failure and result in death in a cat in the worse case.

9. Avocado 

Avocados contain persin, a fungicidal toxin, and while safe for humans, it is dangerous for domestic animals. Persin is present in all parts of the avocado and can cause vomiting, diarrhea, respiratory distress, and in some cases, a buildup of fluid around the heart, which can result in death.

10. Mushrooms

 Since various poisonous mushrooms are lurking about, it is advisable not to offer your pet mushrooms to be on the safe side.

Also read more related to : Fleas On Dogs Ears | Symptoms and Health Problems Dogs Face

11. Potatoes 

The green parts and eyes of potatoes are full of solanine glycosides, which have fungicidal and pesticide properties. If your cat eats potatoes, symptoms can include abdominal pain, bloody diarrhea, irregular heartbeat, and cardiac arrest.

12. Tuna 

 Some cat owners believe that they are providing their cats with a healthy tuna meal; however, tuna produced for human consumption can be dangerous for cats if eaten regularly. Tuna does not give a cat all the essential nutrients its needs, resulting in malnutrition. If routinely fed, a diet of tuna can lead to Steatitic, also known as Yellow Fat Disease. It is OK to offer your cat tuna meal on occasions as a treat, but a regular diet can be dangerous.